Skip to main content

Uninsured – Underinsured Motorist

Talk to Eisenberg Law About Underinsured and Uninsured Motorist Claims

If you’ve been involved in a hit-and-run accident, you may think that you have no recourse to recover your losses and damages. As you look at your car repair and medical expense bills, your heart will drop, feeling that the person who hit you is liable for all of these bills and won’t be taking responsibility for any of them. However, whether you know it or not, if you live in the state of Wisconsin, you can make a claim on your own insurance policy’s uninsured/underinsured driver coverage.

Hit-and-run accidents are not the only time that you can make a claim with your insurance company to cover your personal injuries or damage to your property. You can make this kind of claim if you are:

  • A pedestrian or cyclist hit by an uninsured or underinsured motorist
  • A passenger in someone else’s car involved in an accident with an underinsured or uninsured motorist
  • Involved in an accident with a driver who has no insurance or whose policy does not cover all of your expenses and losses suffered by you in the accident

Make an Uninsured/Underinsured claim against your own Insurance Company

You may want to make an uninsured or underinsured claim against your own insurance company. You may be fooled into thinking that this kind of claim will be easier than filing a claim against the other driver’s insurance company. However, your insurance company will still fight to pay you the least amount of compensation possible.

Eisenberg Law is here for you to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. Another motorist’s lack of responsibility and/or coverage is not your fault, and you should not be held accountable for expenses and losses incurred by their negligence or lack of insurance. Contact us for a free consultation today and get on the road to the compensation you deserve.