Wrongful Death Attorneys Madison Wisconsin
Wrongful Death – Experienced Attorneys At Eisenberg Law, Madison, Wisconsin
The death of a loved one – spouse, parent, child, relative or a close friend – is not easy to accept. When it happens as a result of someone else’s negligence, it is even more difficult to comprehend. To hold the negligent party responsible, family members of the deceased may file a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful death refers to the lawsuit filed whenever somebody dies as a result of the negligence of another person or company. As with all other legal procedures, wrongful death cases can be complex and cumbersome, particularly for the bereaved. Relying on professional legal assistance can save the day and ensure that justice is carried out fully.
The experienced wrongful death attorneys at Eisenberg Law Offices, in Madison, Wisconsin, have skillfully and successfully handled many wrongful death cases. We are here to help you in these distressing times and through our expert handling of your case we hope to bring some consolation to your pain and loss.
Situations Leading To Wrongful Death
Several situations can lead to wrongful death lawsuits. Car or other motor vehicle accidents claim far too many lives. A land owner can be legally liable if certain kinds of torts (or wrongs) occur on their premises. If someone suffers a life threatening injury on another’s property as a result of the property owner’s negligence, the owner may be held legally responsible. If someone dies because of those injuries, then this becomes a case of wrongful death. Other factors that can lead to wrongful death are medical negligence, traffic accidents and controversial or dangerous products in the market. The latter, product liability, occurs when a defective product causes injury or death to the ultimate end user and is directly attributed to the manufacturer.
The skilled wrongful death attorneys at Eisenberg Law Offices, S.C. in Madison, Wisconsin, will listen to your circumstances with empathy and help you make sense of the associated legal matters. We will determine which person should represent the deceased in this lawsuit against the culpable parties and then work towards obtaining financial compensation. You can rest assured that the responsible party behind your loved one’s death will be held accountable.
Who Can File Wrongful Death Lawsuits
All states allow the spouse and children of the deceased to file a wrongful death lawsuit. In Wisconsin, other relatives such as parents, siblings or grandparents are allowed to file the claim as well. The laws can be confusing and complicated for an average person to navigate independently. There is also a limited amount of time in which a victim’s family members can file a lawsuit, which is called the ‘statute of limitations’. If you exceed the time limit, you will not be allowed to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Therefore, it is highly recommended that you consult the knowledgeable wrongful death attorneys at Eisenberg Law Offices, in Madison, Wisconsin, as soon as possible and get the legal process underway immediately.
Damages in a Wrongful Death case in Wisconsin
Under wrongful death law in Wisconsin, you are entitled to several kinds of damages. They include:
· Compensatory Damages: These damages provide the victim’s family with money to cover all expenses that are incurred as a direct result of wrongful death. They include funeral and burial expenses, medical care, etc. Compensatory damages also include the future earning capacity of the victim which can be estimated by projecting the current income of the victim over several years. Compensatory damages also cover non-monetary loss, such as the loss of companionship and grief caused to the victim’s family. Wisconsin law has limited the loss of companionship damages to $350,000 for an adult victim’s family and $500,000 for a minor victim’s family.
· Punitive Damages: These are intended to compensate the victim’s family for an intentional or reckless act that causes the death of the victim. Punitive damages are awarded to punish the offending party. These damages may be awarded along with compensatory damages.
At Eisenberg Law Offices, in Madison, Wisconsin, we are sensitive to the profound pain which accompanies loss. We understand that you are already burdened with grief and need a helping hand. We have extensive experience dealing with personal injury cases, including wrongful death, and we can assist you to determine which course of action to take is best for you. We assure you that our qualified wrongful death lawyers will secure maximum damages for the undeserved death of your loved one. Contact us today for a free consultation and you can leave the rest to us.
You only pay Eisenberg Law Offices, S.C. if you receive compensation from the at fault party.
RECENT CASE RESULTS
Eisenberg Law has successfully represented our clients in thousands of Personal Injury, Criminal Defense and Family Law Cases during our 30-plus years in business.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
- 6 Facts About Wisconsin Personal Injury Law | Eisenberg Law
- Example Of Unlawful OWI Stops In Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Car Crash Statute of Limitations Is Three Years
- Ignition Interlock Device | OWI in Wisconsin
- Q And A With A Wisconsin Car Accident Lawyer
- Getting A Second Option For Car Accident Injuries