Free Case Consultations With A Personal Injury Attorney
Questions to Expect and Ask During a Free Consultation With a Wisconsin Personal Injury Attorney
Eisenberg Law Offices offers free case consultations with a Wisconsin personal injury attorney for those who have been injured in an accident. Despite what you may have heard, there are no strings attached when injury attorneys offer this service. This initial meeting is helpful for both you and our attorneys because it helps determine if you legally have a case to pursue.
During this meeting, the attorney will ask you a lot of questions and you will have a chance to ask questions of them too. To help you make the most of this initial meeting, we have assembled some of the more common questions and items discussed in these free consultations.
Questions the Personal Injury Attorney May Ask of You
The purpose of this free consultation is to meet you and learn the details of your situation to determine whether or not you have a case. Just because you have been injured or feel wronged, does not mean you have grounds for a personal injury case in Wisconsin. In order to have a case, the personal injury attorney must be able to prove that the other party was more negligent than you and that the negligence contributed to or caused the accident in which you were injured.
The attorney will ask you many questions to help determine negligence and to try and ascertain your chances of winning the case. Neither you nor the law firm will want to proceed with the case if there is no chance of winning or worse, no case at all.
Some of the questions that our Wisconsin injury attorneys ask during this meeting are:
- When did the accident occur? What was the date, time, and location?
- Were any other parties involved? If so, who?
- How did the accident happen?
- Did the weather play a factor in the accident? If so, what was the weather like?
- What can you remember about the time right before the accident happened?
- Were you hurt or injured? If so, how and where?
- Did you seek medical treatment for those injuries immediately after the accident?
- What was your diagnosis?
- Have you received any medical bills?
- Have your injuries affected you physically, emotionally, and/or mentally?
- Can you take care of yourself or do you need assistance?
- Have you missed any work while recovering from the accident?
- Have your injuries affected your personal relationships?
Be as honest as possible when answering these questions. These free meetings are still protected by the attorney-client privilege. Everything discussed during the meeting will be kept confidential so there is no reason not to be as accurate and honest as possible.
Preparing for Your Free Case Consultation
It helps to prepare a few items ahead of time for your consultation. That way you won’t have to try and dredge up every little detail during the meeting with the personal injury attorney. Jot down some notes and gather the following information:
- Facts and details about the accident.
- information about your injuries, including doctor’s notes, diagnostic reports, and medication records. Include descriptions of your injuries and how they are affecting you.
- Your health and auto insurance information.
- Copies of the police report and evidence of tickets issued.
- Photos of your injuries and the accident scene.
- Contact details and insurance information of the other party.
Questions to Ask the Personal Injury Attorney
This consultation is a time for you to ask questions too. Think of it as an interview to find out if the law firm or the attorney will be a good fit for working with you. Writing your questions down ahead of time can help ensure you ask everything that is important to you or relevant to your decision-making. Be sure to write down answers to your questions too so you can refer back to them later.
Here are some examples of the most common questions we are asked at our Wisconsin injury firm:
- How long will this take? How does the legal process work?
- How much can I be awarded? What is the value of my case?
- Why should I hire an attorney? Can’t I just represent myself?
- If I hire your firm, what happens next?
- How do I pay for legal services?
- How do I pay for my medical bills while going through the legal process?
- What kinds of things can I do to support my claim? Is there anything I should not do?
- Who will be my point of contact at your firm during the process? How does communication work? Who do I contact with questions?
Schedule Your Free Case Consultation at Eisenberg Law Offices Today
Eisenberg Law Offices has been providing legal services since 1983. Our attorneys are experienced in all types of personal injury cases and represent clients throughout the state. We are devoted to helping our clients recover emotionally and financially from injury accidents and that begins with a free case consultation. Schedule your no-obligation case consultation with an Eisenberg Law personal injury attorney by calling 608-256-8356 or emailing email@example.com.
RECENT CASE RESULTS
Eisenberg Law has successfully represented our clients in thousands of Personal Injury, Criminal Defense and Family Law Cases during our 30-plus years in business.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
- 6 Facts About Wisconsin Personal Injury Law | Eisenberg Law
- Example Of Unlawful OWI Stops In Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Car Crash Statute of Limitations Is Three Years
- Ignition Interlock Device | OWI in Wisconsin
- Q And A With A Wisconsin Car Accident Lawyer
- Getting A Second Option For Car Accident Injuries