Skip to main content

Personal Injury Doctors | Car Accident Injuries And Recovery

Depending On The Personal Injury, Doctors Vary

If you have been seriously injured, chances are you’ll see a doctor. But the type of doctor you see depends on when you visit the physician, what kind of care you need, and how long your treatment lasts. Personal injury doctors range from ER physicians to primary care doctors and specialists, as well as chiropractors and physical therapists.

Personal Injury Doctors Seen Initially

Serious car accidents usually result in an ambulance ride to the emergency room. There, an ER doctor will assess your injuries and address any immediate care needs. If you have injuries that require immediate surgery, the ER trauma surgeon will be called in. Once you are stable, you will either be released with instructions to follow-up with your primary care doctor or a specialist or you will be admitted to the hospital.

ER staff are focused on the immediate care needed to save lives and minimize trauma and long-term damage. In most cases, patients will need to be seen by additional personal injury doctors to completely recover.

Doctors Seen Post-Accident

  • Primary Care Doctors. Our personal injury attorneys always recommend that injured parties who are released and sent home or those who do not visit the ER schedule an appointment with their primary care physician for an exam. Your primary care doctor can take note of any minor injuries or injuries you were unaware of, such as concussion or whiplash, and recommend a treatment plan.
  • Specialty Surgeons. Once you have recovered from the initial trauma, your personal injury doctors might expand to include orthopedic surgeons to repair the damage or plastic surgeons to restore your appearance. In some cases, patients have to go through multiple surgeries to regain the full function of their injured part(s).
  • Physical Therapists. Physical therapists help accident victims regain mobility and strength in damaged muscles and tissues. They work with people after surgery to restore function and reduce the build-up of scar tissue, but you do not need to be recovering from surgery to see a physical therapist. They help anyone who needs help getting back to normal after an accident.
  • Chiropractors are very often consulted after a car accident. They help restore mobility and function through spinal manipulation, which can include the head and neck. They are commonly seen by victims who have back pain, whiplash, headaches, or tingling in their extremities.

In addition to doctors, accident victims may also be seen by nurses, radiologists, X-ray technicians, and anesthesiologists in order to accurately diagnose and treat the injury. Mental health professionals may be called in to help victims recover from anxiety and post-traumatic stress.

Meet With A Personal Injury Attorney To Discuss Your Options

Car accidents can have long-lasting effects on your body, both mental and physical. It may be years before a victim is fully healed even with help from excellent personal injury doctors. If you are having trouble recovering from an accident financially or believe someone else is at fault for the accident, you may be able to obtain compensation for your injuries, including pain and suffering. Personal injury compensation can help victims cover medical expenses and time off of work so they can focus on healing and recovery.

Meeting with a personal injury attorney at Eisenberg Law Offices is the first step in determining if you have a case. Arrange a free consultation today by calling 608-256-8356 or emailing to discuss your situation.



Eisenberg Law has successfully represented our clients in thousands of Personal Injury, Criminal Defense and Family Law Cases during our 30-plus years in business.