Traumatic Brain Injury | Hire A Brain Injury Attorney
How A Brain Injury Attorney Helps TBI Victims
Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) happen when an external force or impact causes the brain to bounce around in the skull. They are common in high impact sports like boxing and football, but they can also happen as a result of a car accident or a fall. In fact, the CDC estimates that almost half of all TBIs occur due to a slip-and-fall situation.
These injuries can cause lifelong damage, may require extensive rehab and treatment and even long-term care. A brain injury attorney helps victims of TBI recover compensation and better position themselves and their families for living life after a TBI.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries can happen due to an accident or due to someone else’s actions. TBIs do not all look the same. They may result from:
- Contusions. Contusions occur as a result of direct impact to the head. They often cause brain bleeds.
- Most common in car accidents and other impact types of situations like boxing, concussions happen when the head is jolted back and forth in a rapid motion.
- Penetrative Injury. Penetrative injuries cause physical damage to the brain, causing a loss of brain tissue.
- Axonal Injury. These very serious TBIs occur as a result of severe shaking or impact. The brain may actually rotate in the skull, leading to brain damage and even death.
- Acquired Injuries. Acquired brain injuries happen not from direct impact, but because the brain was deprived of oxygen. This may happen due to strangulation or submergence in water (drowning), or even from exposure to toxins like lead.
How a Brain Injury Attorney Can Help Victims
If a TBI is caused by another person or another party is liable for the injury, a brain injury attorney should be called in. These attorneys specialize in advocating for victim’s rights and navigating the legal process to secure compensation for the injuries sustained. In many cases, compensation is vital to the victims and their families as they face increased medical bills, possible loss of income and even job loss and personality changes that occurred as a result of the accident.
The brain injury attorneys at Eisenberg Law Offices help victims throughout the legal process by:
- Negotiating with insurance companies on the victim’s behalf.
- Filing the personal injury claim.
- Collecting evidence to support the claim.
- Ensuring that victims are compensated for all of the losses that were suffered as a result of the brain injury. Losses may include: past, present, and future medical expenses, and compensation for lost wages or income.
- Representing the victim throughout the legal process to facilitate a quick and efficient resolution.
A traumatic brain injury can have a lasting impact on victims and their families. The victim’s personality may change. He or she may have trouble with basic skills and may need to relearn speaking, eating, walking, etc. Some injuries heal with time, but many never do and the changes they wrought are lifelong.
If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury, take steps to protect yourself by speaking with an injury attorney at Eisenberg Law Offices in Madison. We offer free consultations to go over your case and determine if a claim exists. If a claim does exist, we will fight vigorously for your right to compensation so you can better adjust to your new normal.
RECENT CASE RESULTS
Eisenberg Law has successfully represented our clients in thousands of Personal Injury, Criminal Defense and Family Law Cases during our 30-plus years in business.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
- 6 Facts About Wisconsin Personal Injury Law | Eisenberg Law
- Example Of Unlawful OWI Stops In Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Car Crash Statute of Limitations Is Three Years
- Ignition Interlock Device | OWI in Wisconsin
- Q And A With A Wisconsin Car Accident Lawyer
- Getting A Second Option For Car Accident Injuries